Our Mission: The mission of the Prince of Wales Health Network is to collaborate to improve healthcare on Prince of Wales Island.
Our Vision: Our vision is for a sustainable and continuing partnership between the healthcare providers and communities of POW, resulting in improved access to care and optimal health outcomes for Island residents.
Goals and Objectives: The Prince of Wales Health Network in 2014 looks to the future with a fund set-up at Alaska Community Foundation specifically to support Prince of Wales. Join us in making a donation to support the continuation of improving Youth, Elder, and Adult Care on POW. These donations are tax-deductible, and will help with the continuation of the POW Health Network.
GOALS FOR 2014 – 2015 will be able to improve awareness of services and enhance the connectivity of Behavioral Health in rural areas of POW. Work will continue regarding improving the immunization rates and support will be give to the Suicide Prevention Task Force, SART, Green Dot Initiative, and Veterans Service Representatives. Additionally, efforts to integrate Behavioral Health into the Primary Care setting will be improved with this collaborative partnership.
To build a sustainable network of healthcare organizations collaborating to strengthen the healthcare system on Prince of Wales Island by:
- Strengthening and expanding the Prince of Wales Health Network.
- Updating existing needs assessments, identifying current gaps in services, duplication of services, unmet health needs, and organizational barriers to the delivery of essential healthcare services to POW residents.
- Completing a strategic and sustainability plan that identifies opportunities to achieve efficiencies through integration of systems of care and includes performance measures and financial sustainability strategies.
To implement a strategic plan for improving access to quality healthcare services for Prince of Wales Island Residents by:
- Strengthening the viability of healthcare provider organizations on Prince of Wales Island.
- Expanding access to essential healthcare services for all residents (especially low income and under/uninsured residents) on Prince of Wales Island.
To maintain a system of ensuring quality healthcare services for POW residents far into the future by:
- Evaluating program accomplishments.
- Initiating an ongoing process for monitoring and addressing future healthcare needs.
3 Year Work Plan
You can download a copy of the 3 year work plan for the Prince of Wales Health Network by clicking here.